Payment and Rate Information
Fees are based on a standard 50 minute session. Longer sessions are always available, especially for couples work. Fees can be adjusted on a sliding scale basis. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have, we will gladly provide you with further information.
Some of the advantages when you pay out of pocket include:
- Freedom to begin treatment promptly without waiting for insurance company approval.
- Ability to select the therapist of your choice.
- You and your therapist decide treatment length without insurance policy limits.
- Increased privacy. Insurance companies require a “mental health disorder” diagnosis.
Payment is due at the beginning of each session either by cash, check, or pay pal (an online secure system using your credit card). Please see below.
Most insurance companies do not cover full pay for counseling services, and only allow a certain amount of sessions. Depending on your insurance company, we accept co-payments to avoid any claims for most insurance companies when in counseling is $35-$50. If your going through your insurance company most services are $95-$110 per 50-minute session. Basically, it can cost you more going through insurance companies.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.